Sunday, July 31, 2011

One week from today I will be celebrating a birthday.  Everybody who knows me knows how much I like my birthday.  I have never been one of those women who have been bothered by her birthday.  I think it's the most awesome day of the year, LOL.  I was told that I would fall apart when I turned forty and I was just fine.  I like being the age that I am because the older I get the more confident, comfortable with myself and I look forward to what's coming up next.  I'm not bothered by the fact that I will officially be entering my mid-forties and I have been told and read that I have a better chance of either being hit by lightning or hitting the lotto than in getting remarried.  I'm not interested in getting remarried.  I'm not going to sit at home thinking oh my god I'm this age and nobody's going to want me.  Don't get me wrong.  If I met someone, the right someone that would be great but it doesn't consume me.  It is not something that I think about every minute of the day.  I will never make a man the center of my world.  To me he's someone who's the cherry on a sundae.  A sundae is made up of many different things and so is my life.  So he should be a part of it but not the be all and end all.  So one week from today I will be forty-five.
                 I am putting it out there because I don't want to hide the fact that I am turning forty-five.  What you see is you what you get and if you don't like it doesn't bother me.  And for the big 50 I want a big cake with a big 50 candle on it.  Not fifty candles or we're going to have to have an extinguisher nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment