Friday, July 22, 2011

Today I want to write about taking ownership of yourself.  Don't know how many people have been here but I'm talking about doing things because everybody else has told you so whether it's your mama, your daddy, your husband, child and so on.  This is something I've found very difficult because I'm a people pleaser.  I don't like to rock the boat. I want people to like me.  What has this gotten me?  Angry, frustrated, trapped and stuck.  All at myself because we all need to be ourselves whether anybody agrees or not.  I've been growing out my hair for a while because it's what everyone has always told me is what I should do and I hate it because I've been wearing my hair short for a very long time.  It makes me feel that if I'm not doing as others say that they don't like me.  They don't want to like me unless I buckle under and do as they want.  Well no more.  From this moment on I will take ownership of myself.  It's more important to me that I'm strong, that I believe in myself and I finally become that person that I always wanted to be but always cowered because of others and their opinions.  Even if no one else respects my choices and decisions I always will and that is more important.

          Oh and by the way I've been writing!  Very exciting for me.  Don't expect it to be easy.  Don't want it to be easy.  I want to work hard for this because it will mean that much more to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment